1stUUPB Board of Trustees Behavioral Covenant
We, the members of the First Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Palm Beaches Board of Trustees, come together to carry out our Congregation’s mission, vision, and by-laws directly and through delegation.
May we honor our duty working in harmony for the greater good of the Congregation both now and in preparation for the future.
We affirm this covenant as a practice to promote the spiritual, moral, and ethical development of ourselves and our Congregation.
In order to fulfill our covenant to ourselves and to the Congregation, we promise to:
- Respect the leadership role the Congregation has entrusted to us.adership that has been entrusted to us.
- Honor and appreciate our collective diversity of backgrounds, leadership styles, and skills.
- Joyfully collaborate with each other, our Minister and Staff, and the Congregation.
- Be just and equitable employers in accordance with Unitarian Universalist principles.
- Strive to be ethical and equitable in our deliberations.
- Speak with one voice once decisions have been made.
- Communicate openly with the Congregation to ensure smooth processes and completion of projects.
- Agree on meeting dates and times.
- Make our best effort to arrive fully prepared and on time for meetings and endeavor to end our meetings on time.
As individuals we promise to:
- Take responsibility for our words and actions.
- Practice deep listening and pause before responding.
- Seek clarification on any position or issue that we do not understand and with which we do not agree.
- Answer kindly and honestly.