The Goals of Our Interim Ministry
- Transition to Settled Ministry: Develop and facilitate a process to:
1.1. Allow our members to express themselves constructively about the turnover of ministers in our Congregation,
1.2. Identify obstacles that have prevented us from achieving our goal of maintaining a settled minister,
1.3. Assist us in preparing for a call;
- Strategic Planning: Reaffirm and modify if necessary goals set forth in 2019 Strategic Planning Task Force
2.1. Develop and maintain shared ministry.
2.2. Grow the Congregation.
2.3. Achieve financial sustainability.
2.4. Rejuvenate campus and facilities.
2.5. Leverage technology.
2.6. Establish sustainable religious education programs for all ages.
2.7. Build a caring, diverse, and inclusive community.
2.8. Advocate for a just world.
- Shared Ministry: Educate our leadership and membership about what shared ministry is and how it benefits the Congregation.
3.1. Help us develop healthy models for shared ministry, where appropriate, in order to prepare us for an incoming settled minister.
- Governance and Organization: Analyze the effectiveness and transparency of our Congregational and staff leadership and organizational structures;
4.1. Improve clarity of lines of authority, responsibility, and accountability on the Board and Committees.
4.2. Work with the Board to provide opportunities for leadership development so we have a pipeline of future leaders.
4.3. Oversee the centralization and improvement of our record-keeping systems and financial controls. Advise us of any staffing enhancements that may be needed to accomplish these goals.
4.4. Advise the Board on how we could better take advantage of the expertise and support of the UUA and our SE District have to offer.
- Sunday Services: Develop and lead Sunday Services that inspire us, touch our hearts, engage our minds, challenge us as UUs, and unite us as a community that embraces the Principles and Sources of Unitarian Universalism.
- Pastoral Care: Work in conjunction with our Caring Committee and Lay Pastoral Care Team to provide compassionate care to our members and friends.
7.1. Partner with the Board and relevant committees to assess current outreach practices.
7.2. Recommend innovations and improvements to appeal to families with young children and adults between the ages of 30 and 50.
7.3. Suggest steps to be taken to improve our diversity.
- Community outreach: We would hope that our interim minister would be a visible presence in the larger community with the aim of representing UU Principles and 1stUUPB in the Palm Beach area.
Learn more about Interim Ministry in these two UUA documents:
Transitional Ministry Handbook (pages 22-40).