Saturday, October 14 @ 5:30-8:30 p.m.
in Minister’s Hall
We’ll be celebrating fall by decorating pumpkins and gourds with riotous colors, glitter, fabrics and other kitschy, crafty doodads. Bring along some muffins, cupcakes or Halloween goodies for our dessert bar!
An opportunity to share, learn, find support, build community—and most importantly, experience fun and friendship! Open to LGBTQ+ and allied youth (11-14), teens (15-18), and their parents/caregivers. Youth drop-off and pick-up OK.
This program is offered with guidance from the Compass Community Center within donated space on the campus of the First Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Palm Beaches. Facilitated by volunteer LGBTQ+ individuals.
Questions? Contact group organizer David Traupman at 305-323-1575.
10 Things Our Congregation Can Do To Become More LGBTQ-Welcoming
Being welcoming and inclusive is a never-ending commitment, and UUA.org offers great ideas and resources to increase our welcome to people of all identities. Here’s a quick-read list about how we are and can expand our welcoming wokeness to the local LGBTQ+ community:
- Engage or Reengage with the Welcoming Congregation Program
- Proclaim Your Welcome
- Make Information About LGBTQ People and Issues Available
- Take Steps Toward Inclusive Language
- Acknowledge and Respect Individuals and Families
- Avoid Assumptions
- Take Intentional Steps Toward Transgender, Bisexual, and Queer Welcome
- Make LGBTQ Issues a Part of Your Worship
- Do Outreach and Public Witness Around LGBTQ Issues
- Deepen Your Welcome Beyond Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity: All People Have Multifaceted Identities
Free-will donations will be accepted to benefit our congregation and the Compass Community Center.
Questions? Contact group coordinator David Traupman at 305-323-1575.