On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I am delighted to announce that Dan Lambert has accepted our offer to be part time Ministerial Leader for the First Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Palm Beaches from November 2017 to April 2018.
Dan will serve on a part-time basis:
- Delivering an average of two services a month
- Providing pastoral care for Members and Friends of the congregation and coordinating the activities of the lay pastoral care team
- Leading Religious Education and Youth activities, helping to re-establish an active RE/Youth program
- Attending Meetings of the Board of Trustees
Dan will support but not be directly responsible for:
- Supervising employees
- Social Justice activities
- Membership Development
- Engaging in community activities
Dan has some very exciting news about his ministerial journey. The UUA Ministerial Fellowship Committee has accepted Dan’s M.Div. equivalency request without condition and has officially approved his aspirant status. Dan is now an Aspirant Minister. Dan plans to complete the aspirant portion of preparation for fully fellowshipped ministry with the UUA, including an internship for which his role as 1stUUPB Ministerial Leader will be a vital part.
Dan is a Friend of this congregation. The Board voted to suspend the policy of not paying Members and Friends for their Service to allow for Dan’s appointment. The six-month contract may be extended into 2018-19 if the congregation, the Board of Trustees, and Dan agree.
The search for a settled minister continues and the application package will be sent to the UUA by early November.
Please join me in welcoming Dan as 1stUUPB Ministerial Leader.
Paul G Ward
President, Board of Trustees
October 15, 2017