Many different reasons bring people to the door of 1stUUPB. Maybe you want a place to heal a hurt, find new friends, celebrate the milestones of life, worship together with your interfaith family, get more involved with the community, or pursue spiritual questions without pressure. Chances are, you will find what you are seeking, but you will also find things you didn’t know you were looking for.
The most important work of 1stUUPB happens outside the Sunday services, beginning with an enthusiastic coffee hour after the service. You may get to know others through volunteering to
- attending our social hour (and you can volunteer to make coffee!)
greeting people and ushering on Sunday morning
- join a work crew helping with our church property
- sing with the choir or lend your musical talent
- join the Men’s Group
- Express your creativity in our Art Studio
- Attend and Particpate in our Weekly Newstalk.
- Join us for Teaching Thursday adult program
- be a guest teacher for a children’s religious education class
Like many small churches, we depend on everyone pitching in to make our activities successful. But more importantly, the activities help members and friends rub shoulders and get to know each other. Relationships form, and a supportive network develops